Saturday, August 23, 2008

Random Conversation

When you're a parent of one, it's often fun to listen in on conversations when no one thinks you're listening. Grace does the bulk of her "imaginary" conversation with her "friends" (polly pocket dolls from Happy Meals and her Disney Princess dolls - who seem to fight too much and end up in time out an awful lot). Anyway, last night in the tub, I overheard two girls (Freda and Freeda - don't know why, those where the names she picked) who asked each other if they wanted to get married. My ears perked up, and I listened a bit more as they agreed, hugged, and continued to swim with Gracer. I asked her if her girls were married, and she said yes. I asked if they were going to lived together, and she was a little perplexed. Then I asked what she thought married meant. She said (without a moment of hesitation), "Married had a little lamb." Life is good.

No comments: