Friday, August 29, 2008

Preschool - Week 2

So week 2 started pretty well. Miss Grace is still having a hard time letting go of Mommy. She skips, runs, jumps all the way to the door, then when we get inside (because she's there before 7:30) she has to go to a holding room, which has all ages of kids. She'd rather go to her classroom, so we throw Fit #1. Fit #2 is when mom attempts to leave. I wait until her teacher shows, but I'm not going to be able to do that forever, so we'll figure it out. I know that she's fine by the time I reach the car, but the image I'm left with isn't pretty.
Walked in yesterday (Day #9) to pick her up and was told, "Mom, we need to talk" by the teacher. She had been hitting and kicking, and was in time out twice. Well, Miss Grace then didn't get TV privileges and had other things taken away. I think she got the message. She was still pretty happy at bedtime, but while watching Barack's speech, her gag reflex kicked in - while she was sound asleep - and she woke up covered in puke. So she began to cry. I went in with her and she puked again. I stripped her and the bed and threw everything in the washer and re-clothed her and her bed, and she was back to sleep within 10 minutes or so. I think she was most upset that she couldn't go back to bed right away. She woke up this morning quite happy and slept the rest of the night without coughing, so I guess the Baby Vicks does really work!
School started with students for me. So far, so good. I'm getting used to my schedule, but not getting used to Chelsea and Ed being elsewhere. That will take more time, I'm afraid. 5 years of habit is hard to break.
Ryan's job is going well, but he's working longer hours since he's the boss. He's got the same work ethic I do when you're in charge of something - get it done right and how you want it. That stuff takes time. We just miss him, that's all. Darn him for being gifted in writing. Write that novel and you can stay home! :)
Today was a better day for Miss Grace - no hitting, no kicking, and she said, "Mom, are you proud of me?" I didn't tell her that I'm proud of her all the time, but of course I'm most proud when she's a nice girl....which she was today. A three-day weekend and then we start all over again!

No comments: